Now is the right time to come and work in Tameside Children’s Services
- We want you to be part of our ambition to be an outstanding service
- We are investing significant resources to enable us to build a quality service for children and families
- We want you to join our workforce and be part of an organisation that cares for the wellbeing and life balance of its employees
- We want you to experience strong and supportive leadership where you are engaged and actively included in our improvement journey
- We want you to enjoy the experience of working alongside friendly and supportive staff
Supporting successful families in Tameside
Children are at the very heart of what we do and we’re investing in our teams as part of our improvement journey so that we can provide the best possible service for our children and their families.
We very much value our committed and passionate workforce that supports successful families and an engaged community.
Why work for us?
- Supportive teams and a great, friendly working environment
- Flexible working opportunities
- Social Work teams centrally located together
- A high standard of professional supervision and a focus on supporting professional development
- Development and implementation of the ‘Signs of Safety’ casework practice model
- Manageable caseloads to enable reflective practice
Here’s what our children’s social care staff have to say about working for us:
Social Worker Jason said: “I switched from agency to working for the Council as you get so many professional development and training opportunities. We also have a fantastic team here with a supportive and friendly working atmosphere. I have also been supported in undertaking my Practice Educator training and now have a social worker student placed with me, which is a real privilege.”
Senior Practitioner Nicola added: “The people make this place special - everyone is always ready to support you and help you out. There are also lots of opportunities for training and career progression. I started as a newly qualified Social Worker here in Tameside and have recently being appointed to the role of Senior Practitioner, which is great.”
Debbie, a service unit manager who has worked for Tameside Children’s Services for 34 years, said: “The whole of my career has grown and developed in Tameside supported by a friendly, hardworking and committed workforce.”
Team Manager Zara said: “There is flexible and agile working to help you manage your time and produce your best possible work- it has allowed me quiet time to complete work away from the hustle & bustle of the office. The people here are also very friendly and approachable - you feel part of the team very quickly – and you are given opportunities to progress and develop. ”
Further great reasons to work in Tameside
Tameside is a forward-looking borough to the east of Greater Manchester, an area leading the way in regional devolution. Tameside Council – LGC Council of Year 2016 – is at the forefront of redefining public services.
The borough is vibrant and well connected with plenty to offer its residents, including:
- Great schools and colleges.
- Excellent public transport connections across the region.
- Affordable housing in a range of urban and rural locations.
- Stunning countryside all within a short train journey from Manchester city centre.
- The peak district is only a short drive away too!