The projects are creating new retail opportunities, employment and skills, leisure facilities, improved public realm and new housing – much of it on brownfield land.
- a new flexi-hall at Bury Market (pictured right), providing flexible space for market stalls, 'pop-up' trading, live performance and community events
- a new ‘green’ transport in Bury town centre
- a new hotel, town centre housing, and the renewal of the Mill Gate shopping centre with employment, hospitality, health and education uses
- a new Radcliffe Hub, to include a leisure centre, a public services centre and a community space for meetings and events.
- a new secondary school in Radcliffe, to be operated by Star Academy Trust and to open in 2024
- further improving the desirable tourist town of Ramsbottom with a new public square, a better environment, dedicated spaces for leisure and events, and an enterprise centre to promote new businesses
- creating new business space, homes, community spaces and a public service centre in the heart of Prestwich, through renewal of the Longfield Centre