Children are at the very heart of what we do in Tameside and we are currently investing in and growing our Social Work teams so that we can provide the best possible service for our children and their families.
We very much value our committed and passionate workforce that supports strong families and an engaged community.
What we offer our staff
We recognise that our staff are our most important resource and asset. In Tameside, our values underpin our practice and behaviours and they are at the heart of everything that we do:
Support - Trust - Respect - Integrity - Value Difference - Engage
With a great ASYE support offer, regular supervision and a supportive culture we are ambitious about delivering effective social work practice and supporting our staff to be the very best they can be.
We actively listen and engage with our staff and act on feedback in a variety of ways through having regular team meetings, employment engagement sessions, focus groups and staff surveys.
Our comprehensive workforce development programme provides lots of opportunities to help our staff grow and develop their careers. Our Social Workers tell us that the peer support is second to none.
We genuinely care about the wellbeing of our staff and amongst other things, we offer flexible working opportunities to support work life balance as this helps us have a happy and stable workforce.
In Tameside we really like to look after our staff and also offer a fantastic range of employee rewards and benefits, including:
• Health and Wellbeing Support
• Salary Sacrifice Schemes
• Up to 30 days leave each year, with the option to buy additional leave
• Family friendly policies, including maternity, paternity and adoption leave
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Discounts at local shops, health & fitness clubs, restaurants and much more
What our employees say about working in Children’s Services
Senior Practitioner Nicola says: “The people make this place special - everyone is always ready to support you and help you out. There are also lots of opportunities for training and career progression. I started as a newly qualified Social Worker here in Tameside and have since been appointed to the role of Senior Practitioner, which is great.”
Debbie, a Head of Service has worked for Tameside Children’s Services for over 37 years, said: “The whole of my career has grown and developed in Tameside supported by a friendly, hardworking and committed workforce.”
Further great reasons to work in Tameside
The borough of Tameside is vibrant and well connected with plenty to offer its residents, including:
- Great schools and colleges.
- Excellent public transport connections across the region.
- Affordable housing in a range of urban and rural locations.
- Stunning countryside all within a short train journey from Manchester city centre.
- The peak district is only a short drive away too!