Business & Corporate Services
36.25 hours per week
Grade E £21,745 - £24,717 per annum
Fire Service Headquarters, Swinton
· Supporting technology and systems that help save lives
· Exposure to innovative Fire and Rescue technologies
· 1st line and 2nd line with field based support
· Flexible working
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service is one of the largest fire and rescue services in the country, covering nearly 500 square miles, with a population of over 2.5 million people. Within that area we have 41 fire stations, around 2,400 staff and right at the heart of everything is our main headquarters, based in Swinton.
Our Corporate Support Directorate are looking for a confident, customer service oriented individual to provide technical support, ensuring the delivery of local goals and objectives related to the Service Desk function and support the overall achievement of the Technology and Systems teams.
· Work with the Service Desk team to accomplish common goals
· Take ownership of user interaction and see through any resolution in a timely manner
· Have strong customer service skills
· Share knowledge and best practice
· Have experience of working to a high level of accuracy
· Be able to work to your own initiative, organise your workload and time efficiently
· Have a high standard of written and oral communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal skills
· Be proficient in the use and support of Windows OS and Microsoft Office packages
· Have experience using Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and ITSM tools
You’ll be working in a pressurised environment where accuracy and efficiency are vital if you want to succeed, so if you have a passion for working with technology, a keen eye for detail and are highly organised this could be the right opportunity for you.
The closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 22nd January 2017.
STRIVING TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
GMFRS IS A “SMOKE FREE” ORGANISATION
11 59 pm
22nd Jan 2017
you might be interested in