Teaching Assistant 27.5 hours (5 days)
Temporary for 1 year – with possibility to make permanent
Please note : Salary is pro-rata
Bradshaw Hall Speech & Language Centre is a specialist provision offering places for 15 children aged 4 – 9, with severe speech and language needs.
We are looking to appoint a very special person to join our happy, effective multiagency team.
• Team player
• Able to use own initiative, but also act on advice
• Good knowledge of child development
• Experience of KS1 and Early Years preferable, but we are willing to ‘train up’ the right person.
• Articulate, with a good level of spoken and written English
• Confident responding to children who display challenging behaviour and able to consistently apply behaviour strategies
• Willing to undertake intimate care duties
• Empathetic and sensitive to a wide variety of needs
• Competent with Microsoft office and use of the internet
We can offer
• A supportive, well motivated staff team
• CDP inhouse training to develop makaton, language awareness etc
• Opportunities to be involved in the wider life of the school
Visits to the school/unit are welcomed and they will take place on Monday, 16/01/2017 at 4.00 p.m. and Wednesday, 18/01/2017 at 4.00 p.m.
Visits to the centre are welcomed. Please contact Louise McGlone
(Centre Manager) to make an appointment 282 7858 ext 3