Education - School
Ladybridge High School
Headteacher: Mr P Russell
Whole School Literacy Lead
Lead Practitioner Range P4 to P8 (£43,246 to £47,735)
Required from 1st September 2019. Permanent.
Ladybridge is a Good school with Outstanding Leadership & Management [Ofsted 2017]
Ladybridge High School is a happy and successful school with a family ethos, centred around the values of compassion, honesty and hard work.
We are focused on achieving strong academic outcomes alongside a holistic education that prepares our learners for life. Ensuring young people develop good literacy skills and a broad vocabulary is a key part of this mission. We are seeking to appoint a passionate, reflective and knowledgeable English teacher to lead on whole school literacy.
The school is very popular and over-subscribed with year on year improving academic outcomes. The wonderfully diverse population of learners, the emphasis on professional learning for staff and the friendly atmosphere make Ladybridge an interesting and enjoyable place to work.
The successful colleague will be expected to:
• work collaboratively with all curriculum areas to implement strategies to improve learners’ literacy skills and to increase the breadth and depth of learners’ vocabulary;
• ensure all subject areas build literacy development into their curriculum;
• determine the impact of the literacy strategies introduced and be accountable for this impact;
• research best practice and link with other schools to bring the most effective literacy strategies to Ladybridge;
• model best practice in the development of learners’ vocabulary and literacy skills as a Teacher of English.
This is a unique opportunity to transform young peoples’ lives, and to develop professionally in a flourishing, happy and forward-thinking school.
An application form and further details can be downloaded from the school’s website www.ladybridgehigh.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Friday 3rd May 2019
Interview Date: Week of the 6th of May 2019
Please send completed applications to Mrs Liz Heyes, HR and Finance Officer at Ladybridge High School, New York, Bolton BL3 4NG or by email to HR@ladybridgehigh.co.uk
Ladybridge High School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Letter to Applicants.pdf
12 00 pm
3rd May 2019
you might be interested in