Education - School
Manchester Evening News “School in the Community” 2019
2019 Progress 8 score + 0.52
‘This is a good school’ - Ofsted
Teacher of Religious Studies
T1-T9 (£24,372 - £40,490)
Permanent post required for September 2020
Do you want to be part of the Sharples’ success story?
Sharples School Multi-Academy Trust is an over-subscribed mixed comprehensive with over 1,000 pupils on roll, situated in the North of Bolton in pleasant surroundings. The school provides stimulating and innovative opportunities for learning, transforming the aspirations and educational outcomes for all students and the local community. Sharples was judged ‘Good’ at its last inspection in 2019, with areas of outstanding practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher of Religious Studies to work in our forward-thinking and successful school as we strive to be outstanding in all we do. The post would be suitable for either a NQT or an experienced teacher. Sharples School provides a very successful training programme for NQTs, working closely with local teaching schools. For experienced members of the profession there are many opportunities within the school to add to their existing range of experience and expertise and lead on aspects of teaching and learning. There are opportunities for working with classes across the ability spectrum at both Key Stage 3 and 4 and to work in a pastoral role as a form tutor.
We require someone who can demonstrate and evidence:-
● Excellent communication skills;
● A high level of subject expertise and an in-depth understanding of curriculum pedagogical and assessment issues associated with achieving outstanding results at both key stages;
● Excellent teaching and improving student outcomes.
The key areas of responsibility will be:-
● To plan teaching to achieve outstanding progress in students’ learning;
● To set high expectations for students’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and the development of positive and productive relationships;
● To use a variety of teaching methods and resources, which sustain the momentum of students work and keeps all pupils engaged;
● To use assessment information to inform planning and maximise progress;
● To mark and monitor students work providing constructive feedback and setting appropriate targets to maximise progress.
To apply for this post, download the school application form which should be completed in full and submitted with a letter of application outlining how you meet the requirements of the post. This should be no more than two sides of A4, point 10, and send by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 9:00am on Monday, 20th April 2020. Interview date to be confirmed.
Sharples School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the disclosure and barring service. The school operates the local authority no smoking policy and is a no smoking site.
9 00 am
20th Apr 2020
you might be interested in