Business & Corporate Services
Bury Councils Casual Recruitment Agency BURY ACES supplies casual workers to various locations in and around Borough. We are looking to recruit administrative workers to provide casual support to Council services.
To join our bank staff you will need to have the following skills and experience:
1. Working knowledge of the core suite of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel), this will be demonstrable at interview and on occasion by a short test.
2. Be able to work comfortably and confidently as part of a team or on your own without close supervision.
3. Have excellent organisational skill, organising meeting, booking rooms accommodation and travel.
4. Have data input experience including attention to detail with minimum error.
5. Excellent customer service and communication skills, dealing with a diverse client base.
6. Flexible, enthusiastic and reliable with a good level of literacy and numeracy
Previous work experience in an administration role and be able to provide suitable references is essential.
The tasks expected to be undertaken by our casual workers are Administration levels 1, 2 and 3 as set out in the attached job descriptions. Tasks include customer support (reception desk, phone and email answering duties), document creation and management, data entry, organisation of meetings/events and support for financial transactions, photocopying, scanning and other administrative tasks.
The hourly rates of pay are dependent on post and level of skills.
Level 1 £9.00 per hour plus annual leave payment of £1.11
Level 2 £9.18 per hour plus annual leave payment of £1.13
Level 3 £9.55 per hour plus annual leave payment of £1.15
Occasionally bespoke roles at other pay grades may be offered working within the council and external to the council.
This is a rolling recruitment advert; therefore there isn't a closing date for completion of the application forms. Providing you meet our criteria, you will be invited to interview; which will be arranged periodically dependent on the needs of the business.
• These Positions are casual but joining the ACES pool can open up longer term career opportunities as you can apply for any permanent roles within Bury Council.
• As a Casual Administration Assistant you have the flexibility to inform us of when you are available for work to fit in with your lifestyle
Due to the nature of the service the successful candidate may be required to work any five days out of seven including weekends to meet service needs (this is for social care posts).
For further information please click on the links below:
Job Description - Level 1
Job Description - Level 2
Job Description - Level 3
Work Demands Assessment Form
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment may be subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service’
you might be interested in