Business & Corporate Services
Health & Safety, Well-being
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
Health & Wellbeing
Safeguarding and Review Team
Salary: £38,813 to £42,683 plus essential care user allowance (Grade 9)
Hours: 36.66 per week
Based: Rock Street resource centre, Rock Street, Oldham, OL1 3UJ
Closing Date: 25th July 2019
Shortlisting & Interview Dates: TBA
Job Description & Person Specification.doc
Oldham Right to Work in the UK.doc
Working in compliance with local policies and procedures and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018, the LADO will deliver the statutory functions of the Designated Officer including the management and oversight of allegations against people who work with children. You will be required to chair Allegations against Staff and Volunteers management meetings and provide advice, guidance, support and challenge to employers, voluntary agencies and organisations regarding an employee or volunteer who faces such an allegation.
* Management and overview of individual cases from all agencies and voluntary organisations that work with children if an allegation meet the thresholds as set out in the Government Guidance, Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
* Monitoring the progress of cases to ensure cases are dealt with within set timescales
* Responsibility for maintaining information databases in relation to all allegations and producing qualitative and quantitative reports for LSCB and DfES.
* Attendance at or chairing strategy meetings and liaising with chairs of strategy meetings (if not chairing).
* Contributing to LSCB training programmes and awareness raising across Children’s Workforce.
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Significant post qualifying UK experience
* Experience within Children Social Work.
For more information about the Oldham Council, please visit:
For details of how we use your data please see our privacy notice: https://www.oldham.gov.uk/downloads/file/4967/employment_privacy_notice_-_oldham_council_10
Please note that should a vacancy that has been released for internal or external recruitment be deemed suitable for an at risk employee, it can be pulled back at any point up to the post being formally offered to an external candidate or an internal candidate that is not at risk of redundancy.
11 59 pm
25th Jul 2019