Position Title: HROD Officer (Work Experience Placement)
Contract Type: Placement
Work Location: Town Hall Extension, off Mount Street Entrance, City Centre, Manchester, M2 5DB
Start Date: Flexible and can start throughout the year
End Date: As per above can be flexible
HROD is a Corporate Core function in the Council championing all aspects of people management. This includes all HR Work Streams ranging from Resourcing, Organisation Development, Management Support, Workforce Change & HR Policy & Strategy.
The Work Experience candidate will get hands on experience on people management and development and will be supporting one of the above teams in delivering their objectives. Duties will include but are not limited to administration tasks such managing team databases, project support to HROD officers, running raw data reports, data input tasks on SAP portal, and any other support tasks as required by the relevant team.
You will be inducted and supported into the role by an initial team induction, followed by regular 1-2-1 sessions (with the assigned team manager) and any bespoke support as identified. E-learning access and any other training materials may also be provided as deemed appropriate.
If you feel you would need financial support to enable you to undertake one of our placements (for example, towards travel expenses) we may be able to support you in accessing funding if appropriate. Please provide some further information in your expression of interest.
For more information about the placement please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this placement please email: email@example.com
To be accepted for a work experience placement an individual must normally:
- young people who are Not in Employment, Education or Training
- Be a Manchester resident and aged 14 years or over (being a Manchester resident means the property you reside at lies within the Manchester City Council boundaries and/or Council Tax is paid to Manchester City Council)
- Or a student currently studying at a Manchester school, college or university or other Manchester educational establishment.
- Or a Looked After Child (LAC) living outside of the Manchester City boundaries but under the care of Manchester City Council
- Fall within the Council’s Social Value priority groups, specifically:
- young people involved in or at risk of being involved in the criminal justice systems
- long-term unemployed with an underlying health condition or complex needs;
- people with disabilities;
- older people;
- vulnerable adults overcoming a crisis or, domestic violence and abuse, rough sleepers
- Have the right to remain in the UK.
Consideration can be given to individuals outside of these criteria where there is a strong reason to do so. For example: to support a student’s studies in areas where there are specific skills gaps within the organisation and there have been no requests from students living/studying at a Manchester educational establishments.
Our site will be down for planned maintenance from 5pm on Friday 29th March to 8am on Monday 1st April. During this time you will not be able to access your candidate account or view/apply for any vacancies.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.