Position Title: Business Support (Work Experience Placement)
Contract Type: Placement
Work Location: Town Hall Extension, off Mount Street Entrance, City Centre, Manchester, M2 5DB
Start Date: Flexible and can start throughout the year
End Date: As per above can be flexible
Police Vetting Required: Yes
We can offer a variety of administrative roles within the team. Whilst there will need to be some training on the use of the system, we would benefit from support in relation to some minor reports, support with office such as stationary orders, filing, document productions on desks for reference, create of google documents and can show some general day-to-day operational aspects.
You will need to have a competent degree of vocabulary and understanding of Google Mail and Google Docs.
The role does however require vetting in respect of the information we handle and we are located in the GMP station Town Hall Extension and understand all information is sensitive and protected.
If you feel you would need financial support to enable you to undertake one of our placements (for example, towards travel expenses) we may be able to support you in accessing funding if appropriate. Please provide some further information in your expression of interest.
For more information about the placement please email: email@example.com
To apply for this placement please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be accepted for a work experience placement an individual must normally:
- young people who are Not in Employment, Education or Training
- Be a Manchester resident and aged 14 years or over (being a Manchester resident means the property you reside at lies within the Manchester City Council boundaries and/or Council Tax is paid to Manchester City Council)
- Or a student currently studying at a Manchester school, college or university or other Manchester educational establishment.
- Or a Looked After Child (LAC) living outside of the Manchester City boundaries but under the care of Manchester City Council
- Fall within the Council’s Social Value priority groups, specifically:
- young people involved in or at risk of being involved in the criminal justice systems
- long-term unemployed with an underlying health condition or complex needs;
- people with disabilities;
- older people;
- vulnerable adults overcoming a crisis or, domestic violence and abuse, rough sleepers
- Have the right to remain in the UK.
Consideration can be given to individuals outside of these criteria where there is a strong reason to do so. For example: to support a student’s studies in areas where there are specific skills gaps within the organisation and there have been no requests from students living/studying at a Manchester educational establishments.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.