Position Title: Neighbourhood Engagement and Delivery Officer - Manchester Parks (Work Experience Placement)
Contract Type: Placement
Work Location: Town Hall Extension, plus various parks around the city
Police Vetting Check Required: Yes
Start Date: Flexible and can start throughout the year
End Date: As per above can be flexible
Reference: MCC/WE/Manchester Parks
You will gain skills and knowledge by working in a dynamic team that works in Manchester Parks, working alongside volunteers and staff to make Parks green cleaner and safer.
We have a varied workload were no one day is the same. We can offer working outdoors or in one of our offices to learn what it takes to run a park service.
If you feel you would need financial support to enable you to undertake one of our placements (for example, towards travel expenses) we may be able to support you in accessing funding if appropriate. Please provide some further information in your expression of interest.
For more information about the placement please email: email@example.com
To apply for this placement please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be accepted for a work experience placement an individual must normally:
- young people who are Not in Employment, Education or Training
- Be a Manchester resident and aged 14 years or over (being a Manchester resident means the property you reside at lies within the Manchester City Council boundaries and/or Council Tax is paid to Manchester City Council)
- Or a student currently studying at a Manchester school, college or university or other Manchester educational establishment.
- Or a Looked After Child (LAC) living outside of the Manchester City boundaries but under the care of Manchester City Council
- Fall within the Council’s Social Value priority groups, specifically:
- young people involved in or at risk of being involved in the criminal justice systems
- long-term unemployed with an underlying health condition or complex needs;
- people with disabilities;
- older people;
- vulnerable adults overcoming a crisis or, domestic violence and abuse, rough sleepers
- Have the right to remain in the UK.
Consideration can be given to individuals outside of these criteria where there is a strong reason to do so. For example: to support a student’s studies in areas where there are specific skills gaps within the organisation and there have been no requests from students living/studying at a Manchester educational establishments.
Our site will be down for planned maintenance from 5pm on Friday 29th March to 8am on Monday 1st April. During this time you will not be able to access your candidate account or view/apply for any vacancies.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.