Position Title: Conservation Officer
Grade 6 £24,657 to £28,221 (Bar at £27,358) per annum
Contract Type: Permanent Part Time
Hours: 21 per week
Work Location: Central Library, St Peter's Square, City Centre, Manchester, M2 5PD
Closing Date: 05 April 2019
This role works across the city of Manchester and Greater Manchester to deliver conservation and preservation services as one of the core duties of the Greater Manchester County Record Office on behalf of AGMA. This includes offering conservation and preservation work and advice across the ten districts, as well as liaising with partners in Archives+ to this end. The work includes preservation management and traditional conservation and repair skills.
- Have an awareness of archive preservation standards and guidelines including EN 16893, BS 4971 (previously PD5454)
- Awareness of COSHH and fire regulations
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, including weekends and evenings to meet the needs of the service
- Experience and understanding of delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent digital and IT skills across a range of packages, knowledge of their use in the development of service area
The team is responsible for accessibility, care and preservation of the heritage collections including archives and local studies. The team works closely with other teams, such as the delivery and engagement teams, to deliver the overall strategic vision of the service. It also works with the other partners of Archives+ (North West Film Archive, Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Race Relations Resource Centre and Manchester and Lancashire Family History Society) to deliver a unique, one stop approach to accessing the heritage of the city region to customers.
Our site will be down for planned maintenance from 5pm on Friday 29th March to 8am on Monday 1st April. During this time you will not be able to access your candidate account or view/apply for any vacancies.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Role Profile: Conservation Officer.pdf