Business & Corporate Services
Job ref: RO-24287
Location: Number 1 Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale
Salary: £21,074 - £23,111 per annum
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 27th January 2019
Interview Date: To be arranged
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly efficient practitioner to join our highly regarded Schools HR & Consultancy Team.
The key purpose of the role is to provide first line HR advice and guidance and to contribute the provision of a high quality HR advisory and consultancy service to the Headteacher and Governors in schools within the Rochdale Borough.
· being a first point of contact for all school based HR queries
· to give high quality advice and support on a range of HR matters in relation to school employees, for example: discipline, grievance, health related absence, capability and redundancy matters
· to support casework including attendance at all relevant meetings and being the adviser to Investigating Officers, Headteachers and Governors
· to be responsible for providing ongoing advice to schools, Headteachers and Governors in relation to teacher’s payand conditions and school support staff pay/grading and conditions
In order to fulfil this role, you will:
· Be working towards CIPD and/or be qualified to Certificate in Personnel Practice or equivalent level qualification in Human Resources
· Have experience of providing high level administrative support, be organised and have experience of using IT systems
· Have experience of communicating effectively, dealing with a variety of queries/problems and a wide range of people
· Be able to provide advice to schools on a range of HR and welfare issues
· Be able to contribute and work within a team environment with a flexible approach to meet the demands of the service
· Experience of working within a HR environment, dealing with casework and working with Governing Boards would be desirable.
Applicants should be aware of the requirement to travel within the borough, be available to attend occasional out of hours meetings/briefings and be required to take the majority of their leave during school closure periods.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and terms and conditions package, being based in an award winning, eco-friendly, state of the art building, access to an onsite coffee shop and discounted Link4Life Corporate Fitness Membership.
Casual User Car Allowance is payable
Please click on the links below:
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects staff to share this commitment
11 59 pm
27th Jan 2019