Salford City Council
Social Worker Level 2 and Level 3
Grade: Level 2 Qualified Social Worker Grade 3C £28,485 - £30,4785(professional bar applies - progression to Level 3 by portfolio and assessment)
Level 3 Qualified Social Worker Grade 4A £31,601 - £34,538
Hours: 36 Hours Per Week
Contract Type: Permanent
Now is a very exciting time to join Children’s Services in Salford. We want children growing up in Salford to see and say that their city, community, and services are great and this has been recognised in our current Ofsted report which rates our overall services as ‘good’.
This means that 'children and young people are protected, the risks to them are identified and managed through timely decisions and the help provided reduces the risk of, or actual, harm to them'. And 'children and young people looked after have their welfare safeguarded and promoted' (Ofsted 2015)
Why work for Salford Children Services?
• We Listen to what children and young people want and work hard to make sure that the services we provide help keep them safe and to achieve their wishes
• Strong leadership and management
• Our excellent workforce development plan lead by our Head of Social Work Improvement along with our dedicated workforce development team, reflects our commitment to staff development.
• Our staff are supported through regular supervision, with opportunities for reflective practice.
• Supportive and friendly work environment
• You will have access to a range of benefits including Health and Wellbeing, Flexible working, pension, up to 33 days annual leave
• Full SSCB training programme
• Access to Research in Practice
• 36 hour standard working week
• Our vision is to introduce innovative solution to allow greater efficiencies and timesaving to enable out staff to focus on family work.
• Opportunity for promotion and support to be a practice educator, supporting students and newly qualified Social Workers.
What do our staff say about us?
• ‘I have now been working at Salford for almost four years and have received continuous support, as well as training and development opportunities, which have enabled me to progress to my current role as Advanced Social Worker’.
• ‘Whilst working in Salford I have continued to expand my professional development through the wide variety of training opportunities which have been offered to me both as a student social worker and when I qualified. I continue to feel supported by Salford children’s services by both management and my colleagues’.
What are we looking for?
• Qualified and Experienced Social Workers
• HCPC registered
• Relevant social work experience
• Knowledge of current relevant legislation and the ability to apply in practice
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Commitment and motivation to further professional development
We currently have vacancies for experienced social workers on our Child Protection and Child in Need team. If you are an experienced Social Worker, with experience of working with children subject to child protection plans; child in need plans; PLO and care proceedings, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to you is a competitive package, outstanding support from experienced managers, a manageable workload, regular supervision including reflective supervision, quality training and the opportunity to build on your strengths and develop your skills.
Interviews will take place the week beginning 11th December…… If you wish to know any more about this position then please contact Sue Greenhalgh or Joanne Brown on 0161 603 4555
Please note: this post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and that you will be required to meet the cost of the DBS check – currently £44.00. The payment for this will be deducted from your first four months’ salary payments at a rate of £11.00 per month. If you do not commence employment for any reason but the DBS has been processed, you will be sent an invoice for the payment of £44.00.
12 00 pm
15th Jan 2018
you might be interested in