Larkhill Community Primary School
0161 921 1390
: Mrs Wendy McCormack
Head of School
: Gemma Lavelle
Learning Support Assistant Level 2.
: £15,047 - £15,654
32.5 per week - term time only
: Fixed term until 31st August 2022
Lark Hill Primary School is looking to appoint an LSA2 for Key Stage 1 to start September 2021
The Governors, staff and children at Lark Hill Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced and outstanding Learning Support Assistant. All children deserve the very best and we are looking for a professional who has a passion for teaching and learning and is committed to our school values.
We require a person who:
• Has the appropriate teaching and learning level 2 diploma or equivalent qualification
• Promote and model the school values of NURTURE, ACHIEVE and RESPECT
• Is a team player
• Is able to lead groups in learning using teacher planning
• Understands the importance of teamwork and collaboration
• Is committed and understands the importance of experiential learning
• Has high expectations of themselves and all pupils
• Places relationships at the core of their practice
• Effective use of IT to support learning
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
• Be hard working and have enthusiasm, energy and creativity
• Experience of positive behaviour management strategies and a commitment to the school’s policy
In return we can offer you:
• An inclusive ethos where the values of NURTURE, ACHIEVE and RESPECT are at the forefront of everything
• Supportive CPD including INSETs
• Forward thinking school with dedicated and highly skilled staff
We encourage questions about the post and COVID permitting, encourage visits to the school. Please email Mrs Gemma Lavelle, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lark Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please be aware overseas checks will be required if you have lived or worked abroad for 12 months or more, continuously or in total over the last 10 years whilst aged 18 or over, please refer to the link below for details for how to obtain your Certificates of Good Character.
We are a Covid-safe organisation and you will have an individual risk assessment when you join the organisation to ensure we effectively support your health and wellbeing
Continuous service commitment
New employees can now keep their service related benefits when moving between a whole host of public sector organisations within Greater Manchester, which include: Councils, NHS, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue, Transport for Greater Manchester, as well as many others.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to developing a culture which respects individuals, appreciates difference and allows everyone regardless of background to reach their full potential. We are proud to be an accredited disability confident employer and a Stonewall Diversity Champion. We understand how hard it can be to combine caring for a loved one with work so we aim to provide support and flexibility to balance family and caring responsibilities with work https://greater.jobs/content/9189/diversity-and-inclusion.
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council’s primary Recruitment and Employment Privacy Notice which can be found at https://www.salford.gov.uk/gdpr.
• Closing Date
: Thursday 22nd June @ 1pm
• Interview/observation date:
wb: 28th June 2021
We thank you for your interest.