Economy, Skills and Neighbourhoods
Education and Early Years
Support and Challenge Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Soulbury 11-14
Hours: 36.40 per week
Based: Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham OL1 1UT
Closing date: Friday 1 March 2019
Shortlisting & Interview Dates: TBC
To start on 1st September 2019.
- To lead for the Oldham Education Partnership and Local Authority on raising standards, attainment and quality in Oldham’s schools by providing advice, support and challenge to schools on teaching and learning strategies to help them track and raise standards of achievement and improve the quality of education they provide. This includes being the key Local Authority before and during OSTED inspections.
- To be the key Local Authority link and support for primary schools before and during OFSTED inspections.
- To be a key contributor in the production and implementation of the Oldham Education Partnership Leaders priorities.
- To provide effective support for schools with a focus on securing sustainable improvement for all children and young people.
- To ensure effective working relationships with Partners, both internal and external.
- To analyse data on the performance of differing cohorts within schools in order to monitor and support effectively in the performance of schools.
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Experience of working at a strategic level influencing and advising on a range of quality improvement issues to provide improvement in standards in the short, medium and long term in primary or secondary education.
- Experience of working proactively with head teachers, governors, teachers and others to manage change and support school improvement including the coordination and evaluation of strategic developments, programmes and initiatives
- A proven record of success in communicating and engaging with a wide range of internal and external bodies, building partnerships and productive working relationships and positively promoting organisational reputation and interests.
Job Description and Person Specification.doc
Oldham Right to Work in the UK.doc
For more information about the Oldham Council, please visit: https://www.greater.jobs/content/4559/working-for-oldham
For details of how we use your data please see our privacy notice: https://www.oldham.gov.uk/downloads/file/4967/employment_privacy_notice_-_oldham_council_10
Please note that should a vacancy that has been released for internal or external recruitment be deemed suitable for an at risk employee, it can be pulled back at any point up to the post being formally offered to an external candidate or an internal candidate that is not at risk of redundancy.