Date of Post:
As soon as possible
Teaching Assistant – Scale 2
At Nevill Road Junior School we are a TEAM. As our school values state, ‘Together Everyone Achieves More’. We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and effective Teaching Assistant who will assist with the integration of pupils with special educational needs and support children within a small group or on an individual basis.
We are looking for self-motivated TA who has the ability to work as part of a team within our school community.
We want someone who is able to:
• Embrace our ethos where individuality is respected and celebrated, allowing all staff and pupils to feel valued for who they are.
• Be committed to inclusive and restorative practice where all children are given the opportunity to share their unique perspectives and feel listened to.
• Bring creative qualities and experiences to the school in order to inspire both pupils and staff to be the best they can be.
• Develop and enhance our ‘ASPIRE to achieve’ curriculum which encourages children to Aim High, Succeed, Persevere, be Imaginative, Respect others and Enjoy learning.
• View everyone as learners including themselves and be committed to developing their own practice as well as others.
We can offer you:
A school where children and learning are at the heart of everything we do.
Supportive parents who are actively involved in school life and want the very best for their children.
Inspiring children who are confident in themselves and have respect for others.
Children and staff who are highly motivated to learn and want to be the very best they can be.
Opportunities to further develop your personal capabilities through sharing best practice and learning from others.
An informal visit to the school, prior to application, is encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Closing date for applications: Midday Thursday 26th September 2019
Shortlisting date: Thursday 26th September 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 1st October / Wednesday 2nd October 2019
Interviews times will be arranged via telephone.
Start date: as soon as possible
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring Service check.