Stockport Educational Psychology Service
2 x 1.0 fte Educational Psychologists (fixed term for two years)
Soulbury A2-7 (£40,136 - £49,714 pro rata) plus 3 SPAs.
We are seeking to appoint up to 2.0 FTE Educational Psychologists (Fixed Term for 2 years) to join our creative, friendly and highly valued team of EPs.
These posts have arisen due to an additional investment by the Local Authority to support the EPS’s contribution to strategic developments.
Stockport Educational Psychology Service is part-traded, with commissions from schools and a number of partner agencies, including Public Health and the Virtual School. The Service has a key role in delivering on LA strategy and initiatives in relation to SEND and mental health. The service is well regarded and was praised in the 2018 LA SEND Inspection Report for its work in supporting children, schools and families.
As a member of the team, you will be encouraged to develop your skills, knowledge and interests and contribute to our service offer.
We are seeking educational psychologists:
• who can deliver a generic psychological service (including statutory and non-statutory work) across a range of settings to support children, young people, schools and families.
• with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good and effective relationships with children, parents, schools and other professionals
• with a professional, well organised and reflective approach
• who will make a positive contribution to the service and Local Authority
Benefits of working in Stockport:
• Being part of a small, friendly and supportive team
• Strong commitment to CPD
• Peer and management supervision
• Good IT support, including 4G laptop and mobile phone (NB The EPS uses an electronic case management system)
• Flexible working arrangements
• Essential Car User Status
Applications are welcome from suitably qualified HCPC registered Educational Psychologists, as well as those completing their EP training this academic year. Applicants seeking either full or part time (minimum of 3 days per week) positions will be considered.
An enhanced DBS check is required for these posts
For more information, please contact Dr Martin Powell, Head of Educational Psychology Service on 0161 474 3870 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 11th February 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 22nd February 2021
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity