Engineer - Highway Planned Maintenance
Scale 5/6 (£22,183 - £27,041)
37 Hours, Full Time
About Stockport Council
We know that you hear the words ‘Borough Council’ and ‘Technology’ and imagine old, complex and clunky systems.
At Stockport Council, we are changing that. We are building our own capabilities and developing bespoke technical solutions that actually work for us.
We have a collaborative and diverse environment with a great culture and brilliant people, we work across the business to deliver value to Stockport citizens.
We are seeking to appoint an Officer with highway experience. We are delivering a Highway Investment programme across the borough and this will continue over the next 3 years. The post holder will assist with the delivery of the programme.
We are expecting you to work in a fast paced, changing environment and generally exhibit the following qualities:
• Plan and project manage a range of footway and carriageway maintenance schemes from patching to full reconstruction works
• Have a working knowledge of GIS systems
• Liaise with contractors and utility companies and prepare health & safety documentation
• Respond to enquiries and complaints in a timely manner
• Produce estimates using a bill of quantities and check accuracy of accounts
• Have a working knowledge of highway maintenance materials and design specifications
• Have some experience of analysing data to inform solutions
System training and support will be provided.
The successful applicant will be required to carry out daily site visits using their own vehicle and will need the necessary insurance for this type of use. The Council has a scheme in place to reimburse employees who are required to use their vehicle for business purposes.
Working as part of the Network Asset Maintenance team you will be involved in the following:
• Highway Maintenance Projects
• Highway Drainage Improvements
• Highway retaining wall repairs
• Highway safety barrier repairs
• Car park maintenance
Systems and software we’re using:
• Pecos / SAP (financial)
• Kaarbontech (gully maintenance)
• Pitney Bowes, Confirm System (asset management system)
• QGIS mapping
• Microsoft Software Suite
• Flexible working environment
• 37 hour working week
• 24 days holiday to start (includes 2 extra statutory days)
• Car allowance
• Employee discounts
• Salary Grade 5/6 - £22,183 to £27,041
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity