ICT Customer Support Technician
Employer - Trafford Council
Salary - £23,866 - £25,463
Salary Grade - Band 5
Job category - Business & Corporate Services
Job Type - ICT
Working Pattern - Full Time
Working hours – 36.25 per week
Contract type - Permanent
Closing date – 24/03/2019
Interview date - To be advised
Trafford Council is currently recruiting an ICT Customer Support Technician. The purpose of this role is to provide support to customers and applicants should have a good mix of technical and customer service skills, and be passionate about technology and helping people. In detail:
• The ICT Customer Support Technician role is pivotal in delivering a professional service to customers. Delivering solutions to hardware and software problems via phone, or web portal, working to predefined procedures and the standards set within service level agreements (SLA)
• Be the first point of contact for all customers for all IT issues and problems
• Record all incidents in the ticket management system
• Support incoming IT issues or questions related to all supported software or computing platforms
• Provide a high rate of "first call fix" troubleshooting, whilst maintaining a high level of service
• Use initiative, respond to faults quickly, and identify alternative solutions to problems where necessary
• Liaise with 3rd parties suppliers of software and hardware
• Investigate and suggest initiatives to maintain or improve levels of service
The role will involve working between 08:00 to 16:00 (Mon to Fri). You will provide 1st/2nd line support, log and track fault-calls and service requests via a central telephone number, email address, and management of web-based self-logging requests/incidents. Other responsibilities will involve performing on-site client visits as a representative of Trafford Council where necessary to resolve a technical incident or to deploy/collect ICT equipment.
A full UK driving license is essential and the willingness to use your own vehicle for Council business.
Trafford Council is currently working with a number of Partner organisations including Greater Manchester Police. Any appointment made to this role will be subject to the appointable candidate being vetted under Greater Manchester Police clearance processes.
Job Description/ Person Specification.pdf
To apply click here
Our site will be down for planned maintenance from 5pm on Friday 29th March to 8am on Monday 1st April. During this time you will not be able to access your candidate account or view/apply for any vacancies.