WE HAVE OPPORTUNITIES FOR TEAM LEADERS
Salary: Band 10 £40,876 - £42,821 per annum
Location: Borough-wide, main office locations Trafford Town Hall or Sale Waterside
Here at Trafford Council we are ambitious for our children and our workforce. We are committed to improving services for the families we support and achieving great outcomes for children and now we are inviting you to help shape the future of Children’s Social Care in Trafford.
We want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities for people to change and reach their full potential.
We also believe one of the most effective ways to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our social workers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
We’re seeking two dedicated Team Leaders to share our strong vision for social work practice and join us in developing a new approach to social work by embedding restorative and relational practice throughout the service. There is a commitment to low caseloads with embedded supervision and strong supportive managers. You will be developed into an excellent practitioner and team leader through a comprehensive Continuous package of development.
One of our vacancies is within the Fostering and Adoption Team, a great opportunity for you to become the Team Leader for Connected Carers.
Please ensure within your application you state if you have a particular interest in one or either of the roles available, as the interviewing arrangements will differ slightly for both roles.
Please note: You must be a qualified social work practitioner with a minimum of 3yrs experience in order to be considered.
Our commitment to you
We offer a competitive and attractive salary with incremental progression. We also offer these additional benefits:
• Payment of your Social Work England Registration fees
• 25 days annual leave, eventually rising to 30, (8 Bank Holidays) with the option of purchasing up to 10 more days leave
• Local Government pension scheme
• A relocation package available (up to 4k)
• An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
• Opportunities for flexible working with access to excellent IT
• Salary sacrifice schemes (car leasing, subsidised car parking scheme, home technology, cycle to work, extra holidays, healthcare scheme, gym membership, perks at work discounts)
• Employee Assistance Programme which includes 24/7 counselling
• A robust supervision programme with 6 monthly EPIC personal development plans to support learning and development
If you have any questions about the role, vacancies or process please get in contact with:
Lisa Gordon, Strategic Lead, 0161 912 5097 or Jen Houghton, Strategic Lead, 07967 384785
For information about working in Trafford’s Children’s Services please visit:
The Council needs to hold and process information about employees, workers and other individuals as appropriate, for various reasons. With the General Data Protection Regulations coming into force we have in place a new privacy notice for staff, contractors, volunteers, trainees, those on work experience and job applicants.
To find out more, please click here:
Job Description/ Person Specification.pdf