WILD BANK COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Telephone: 0161 303 7404
LEVEL 3 TEACHING ASSISTANT
34 Hours per Week, Term Time Only
(8:30-3:30, Monday to Friday, term time only. The additional hours are for 1hr weekly phase meeting, 2x1hr after school clubs, and 2x30min lunchtime clubs)
Fixed Term Contract from 1st Sept 2018 to 31st August 2019 due to a Specific Project
Salary: Grade E SCP19 £15,377 – SCP23 £17,153 per annum We wish to appoint a skilled, enthusiastic, creative, hardworking and highly motivated team member who is committed to supporting the delivery of high quality teaching and learning. We pride ourselves on providing a nurturing learning environment where all children grow and achieve their best. We are committed to enabling our children to develop as happy, independent and resilient learners.
The successful Teaching Assistant will join our team in September 2018. The role involves supporting the class teacher, working with individuals or groups of children and delivering mainly English, Phonics, Maths and intervention strategies.
The successful candidate should be able to offer:
• Level 3 child care qualifications or equivalent
• Experience of working in a school setting
• An understanding of language and phonics interventions in Key Stage 2
• Ability to work in a team
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Willingness to contribute to the full life of the school and go the extra mile for our children.
The school will offer:
• An excellent and well-resourced working environment
• Friendly and supportive staff
• Well-behaved children that want to learn
• Opportunities for personal and professional development
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
as we feel that these are an important part of the application process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please return application forms by post or electronically to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 8th June at 12 noon
Interviews: Friday 15th June 2018
Job Description/Person Specification.doc