The Local Governing Board of Inspire Academy wish to appoint willing, enthusiastic and caring Midday Assistants to supervise and help pupils during the lunchtime break in the playground and dining areas of the Academy. The Academy is growing each year, it is now open to pupils in Nursery, Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4 and from September 2020 Year 5. We have 2 classes in each year group who are in school over lunch time.
The Purpose of the role is:
Midday Assistants assist pupils during the lunch break, working as part of a team, including supervising welfare, behaviour and safety, ensuring a clean and tidy environment, controlling pupil behaviour in line with the Academy’s behaviour policy, dealing with any misbehaviour and liaising with the teaching staff accordingly, responsibility for attending to pupils who may be sick or injured and raising any concerns in terms of welfare and safety to the Principal.
It also includes the following:
- To ensure that the lunch session is controlled and pupils are managed in terms of behaviour and safety
- To look after the welfare of the pupils in connection with hygiene, table manners, general behaviour
- Maintain a safe and hygienic environment
- Deal with hazards to prevent accidents
- Supervise the safety of children at all times
- Make Senior Leaders and the Associate Principal aware of any issues or accidents to ensure that the children are managed in a safe environment at all times
- Supervising and engaging the children in purposeful play and activities once they leave the dining hall.
- Administer First Aid if necessary (training provided)
- Attend any training, which the Principal may consider appropriate to the role
- Carry out any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Principal relating to the supervision of children
There are 2 Midday Assistant positions available.
The role is permanent, part time,
2 hours per day (over the lunchtime period),
Monday to Friday, term time only (39 weeks of the year). The salary is TMBC
Grade A Points 1-2 (£4,084-£4,166 Actual Salary).
The proposed timescale for the selection and interview process
is as follows:
•Applications close at 9am
Friday 28th August 2020
•Shortlisting on Friday 28th August 2020
•Interviews week commencing 31st August
Due to the current Covid-19 situation in schools the dates / arrangements for interviews may be amended due to Government advice closer to the date, wherever possible face to face interviews are preferred.
As we are unable to offer tours of the school we invite applicants to contact email@example.com
to arrange an informal discussion with the Associate Principal.
If you have any queries about the Trust, the roles or about the completion of the application form please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or for an informal discussion please contact 0161 339 7822.
The application form should be completed and returned to us either in hard copy to Inspire Academy, Mossley Road, Ashton under Lyne OL6 9RU or electronically via e-mail to email@example.com
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS.
Victorious Academies Trust has a commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. We have robust processes and procedures to reduce risk and continuously promote a positive culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. The post you are applying for involves working with children and/or young people and you will be subject to Victorious Academies Trust’s safer recruitment process.
Safer Recruitment Information.pdf