Support Worker (Children’s Residential / Adult Services)
Location Various throughout Bolton
Salary £16,755 - £19,972 per annum
Closing Date 12 noon on 15 February 2019
Birtenshaw is a dynamic and expanding charity that provides a unique range of services for children and young adults with special educational needs and disability. Our vision is to ‘Brighten Lives and Build Futures’ for these young people in Bolton, across the North West and beyond.
Working with children and young people with special education need and disability can be a challenging but rewarding job whatever the role; it’s a job that requires enthusiasm, dedication, energy, and a sense of humour. However, if you are committed to helping improve the lives of disabled children and young adults, your own life will be enriched from the satisfaction you get from seeing each individual make progress against adversity.
What we offer:
· We offer full time support worker contracts with a regular shift pattern set in advance. We also have a number of vacancies for weekend support workers (14.5 hours per week).
· Our support workers are based in teams in one particular location, although on occasion staff may be asked to cover elsewhere.
· Group Income Protection Scheme. This provides a guaranteed income for employees who are unable to work as a result of illness or injury.
· Employee Assistance Programme. A 24 hour helpline from Health Assured to support you through any of life’s issued or problems.
· With a clear career path and excellent training and support on offer, you would have the opportunity to develop an exciting and rewarding career within a rapidly developing charitable organisation, whilst making a positive impact upon the lives of the children Birtenshaw supports.
Salary: £16,755 - £17,972 per annum (plus the opportunity to earn an additional £2500 for additional responsibilities)
A confident approach is key to supporting young people who may present with challenges.
For more information about these and other vacancies Birtenshaw has to offer please visit our website: www.birtenshaw.org.uk.
We are hosting an Open Day at our Head Office Darwen Road, Bromley Cross, Bolton, BL7 9AB on Saturday 9th March 2019 - drop in anytime between 11.30am - 13.30pm.
Come along and meet our team to find out how you could make a difference and improve the quality of life for young people with Special Education Needs and Disability.
Birtenshaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Appointable candidates will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Information provided by you or the DBS will be dealt with in a confidential manner and in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice which can be viewed here.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
Job description support worker Children
Job description support worker Adults
Job description support worker Weekends
How to apply: Please download and complete an application form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Birtenshaw, Darwen Road, Bromley Cross, Bolton, BL7 9AB
12 00 pm
9th Mar 2019
you might be interested in