Looking for a career in Social Care?
Bolton Cares’ Specialist Outreach Service are recruiting Support Workers to deliver high quality, compassionate care and support to help local people live better lives. We are a specialist team based at the Thicketford Centre but supporting people who live across the borough of Bolton. We want people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own.
· Treating people with compassion and care.
· Showing dignity and respect to the people they will be working with.
· A commitment to quality and being the best that we can.
· Having trust and respect for all members of our team.
About the Support Worker role:
As part of a team you will be supporting people with complex needs including mental health, autism, and learning disability. You will also be supporting people with complex lifestyles and who misuse alcohol and drugs.
We pride ourselves on matching people we support with the right staff as this is essential to achieving positive outcomes from the support we provide.
You will also support people to:
• Manage their finances
• Attend health appointments
• Engage in drug/alcohol therapy
• Maintain their housing tenancy
• Integrate/participate in their local community
The service operates from 8am to 8pm and you will work 30 hours over 5 days each week on a rota which includes weekends. There is also a 10% pay enhancement for any hours worked at the weekend.
It is Essential that you hold a full driving licence and access to a car on a daily basis, a mileage allowance will be paid for any journeys you are required to make.
· Working with people with complex needs
· Helping them live more independently and undertake life enhancing activities.
· Ensure people’s needs are at the heart of everything you do.
· Work with care managers and health colleagues to implement and support therapy plans.
Experience and skills required:
· Must have experience supporting adults with either mental health needs, learning disability, autism, complex lifestyles
· Be able to develop supportive relationships, promoting independence and well being
· You will be highly motivated to deliver outstanding care and support.
We will provide the right candidate a range of training and specialist development opportunities.
All applications will be subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service checks and references.
To apply: download the Bolton Cares Application Form.docx here and show how you met the person specification.
12 00 pm
22nd Feb 2019
you might be interested in