Education - School
School Support Staff
Mr Christopher Howarth
Tel: 01942 634756
SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
GRADE 7 SCALE POINT 29-33
37 HOURS PER WEEK TERM TIME ONLY + 2 WEEKS
FULL TIME AND PERMANENT
REQUIRED FROM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
The Governors at Washacre Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and conscientious School Business Manager to join our dedicated team of professionals. The successful candidate will be forward thinking and innovative with a background and experience which would enable them to fulfil this busy and diverse role.
This is a strategic and managerial position which offers the successful candidate the opportunity to become a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team taking an active role in determining the strategic direction and governance of the school.
The person appointed will be responsible for:
• Supporting our expanding school in contributing to incisive strategic planning;
• Providing strong organisational skills and managing effective administrative systems;
• The school’s compliance with sound principles of school finance and best value including budget planning and monitoring;
• The effective management of the school buildings, the outdoor environment and Health and Safety in liaison with the site manager;
• Carrying out the role using high calibre interpersonal and communication skills alongside outstanding English, Maths and IT competencies;
• The exploration of external funding and grant opportunities.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they have:
• A strong financial background with previous successful experience of planning and delivering budgets and managing projects and people;
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills and a good working knowledge of SIMS software, and CPOMS;
• The capacity and willingness to contribute to the life of the school;
• The skills needed to promote a positive image of the school through the execution of this role;
• Consistently high expectations of themselves and their colleagues.
We can offer:
• An opportunity to excel and further develop the skills required to pursue an ambitious career path;
• An opportunity to become part of the strategic leadership team of the school playing an important role in its continuous improvement;
• A committed and motivated staff team supported by a dedicated Governing Body;
• Polite, friendly and well-mannered children.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the school before applying for the post. Please contact the main office to arrange a visit on 01942 634756. Application packs are available to download from this website.
Completed application forms should be returned to Chris Howarth, Head teacher by Thursday 1st November 2018, at 4.00pm. Shortlisting will take place on Friday 2nd November 2018. The interview process will be in two part, and shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a series of assessment tasks followed by an interview. Assessment and interviews will take part on Friday 9th November 2018.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (‘DBS’). The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as required by the Immigration Act 2016.
4 00 pm
1st Nov 2018
you might be interested in