Position Title: Neighbourhood Compliance Officer (Work Experience Placement)
Contract Type: Placement - Duration 3 days
Work Location: Citywide - Abraham Moss, Crescent Road, M8 5UF, West Didsbury police station, Elizabeth Slinger Road, M20 2ES, Active Lifestyles Centre, Denmark Road, Moss Side M15 6FG
Start Date: Flexible and can start throughout the year
Police Vetting Required: Yes
The Neighbourhood Compliance Team is a frontline service responsible for dealing with a variety of issues predominantly relating to waste, littering and fly tipping, regularly raised by Manchester residents.
The team also carry out projects aimed at improving the environment, safety and well being of residents and businesses across the city. Promoting compliance and tackling inappropriate behaviour regarding waste disposal by individuals and businesses contributes to creating places where people want to live, invest, work and socialise.
The shadowing opportunity will provide an insight of the full range of enforcement powers, which includes prosecutions and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices, used to take action against those responsible for fly tipping and discarding waste on Manchester streets.
By spending time at each of the 3 Compliance Team offices located in north, central and south Manchester, the opportunity offers an understanding of the differing waste issues dealt with by the area teams specific to each location. This includes the student areas of Fallowfield, the Rusholme Curry Mile and the commercial areas of Strangeways.
The Compliance Teams also deal with issues related to untidy private land, unsightly private residential and commercial buildings, empty properties, dog fouling, fly posting and illegal encampments on council owned land
If you feel you would need financial support to enable you to undertake one of our placements (for example, towards travel expenses) we may be able to support you in accessing funding if appropriate. Please provide some further information in your expression of interest.
For more information about the placement please email: email@example.com
To apply for this placement please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be accepted for a work experience placement an individual must normally:
- young people who are Not in Employment, Education or Training
- Be a Manchester resident and aged 14 years or over (being a Manchester resident means the property you reside at lies within the Manchester City Council boundaries and/or Council Tax is paid to Manchester City Council)
- Or a student currently studying at a Manchester school, college or university or other Manchester educational establishment.
- Or a Looked After Child (LAC) living outside of the Manchester City boundaries but under the care of Manchester City Council
- Fall within the Council’s Social Value priority groups, specifically:
- young people involved in or at risk of being involved in the criminal justice systems
- long-term unemployed with an underlying health condition or complex needs;
- people with disabilities;
- older people;
- vulnerable adults overcoming a crisis or, domestic violence and abuse, rough sleepers
- Have the right to remain in the UK.
Consideration can be given to individuals outside of these criteria where there is a strong reason to do so. For example: to support a student’s studies in areas where there are specific skills gaps within the organisation and there have been no requests from students living/studying at a Manchester educational establishments.
Our site will be down for planned maintenance from 5pm on Friday 29th March to 8am on Monday 1st April. During this time you will not be able to access your candidate account or view/apply for any vacancies.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.