Position Title: Caretaker Level 2
Salary: Grade 3 £18,426 to £19,171 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, All Year Round
Hours: Full Time 35 hours per week
Work Pattern: Shift rotation to be discussed at interview
Academy Address: CHS South, 550 Mauldeth Road West, Chorlton, Manchester, M21 7AA
DBS Check Required: Yes
Pre-employment Health Assessment Required: Yes
Closing Date/Time: 16 August 2020 at 23:59
Start Date (Subject to pre employment checks): Upon completion of DBS
CHS South are looking to recruit a Level 3 Caretaker for the school.
The main purpose of the role is:
- To provide maintenance & security services on school sites & premises under the instruction/guidance of appropriate senior staff
- To manage cleaning and/or site staff and ensure cleaning is in accordance with specification
- To undertake and maintain the cleanliness and physical appearance/environment of the designated cleaning area – inside and out
- To be responsible Key holder and ensure security of the premises, grounds and it’s contents including monitoring CCTV or surveillance equipment where appropriate
The ideal candidate will need:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills to be able to keep accurate records
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and willingness to be trained on COSHH regulations , ICT specialist equipment such as CCTV
- Have the ability to relate well to children in a school setting
- Have to ability to undertake all the physical aspects of the job and use relevant equipment
About CHS South
CHS South is part of the Prospere Learning Trust, which believes in working collaboratively to ensure the best outcomes and life chances for students.
The Trust operates five secondary mainstream schools, two secondary special schools and one primary and secondary combined special school. The Trust welcomed MEA and MEAC in April 2020, bringing our combined pupil capacity to 4,750.
For more information about CHS South please read thw 'About Us' document attached.
How to Apply:
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CV's will not be accepted.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. DBS Code of Practice which can be viewed here
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Application Form: Application Form.docx
Job Description & Person Specification: Caretaker Level 2.pdf
Additional Documents: About Us.pdf
Privacy Statement: Privacy Statement.pdf