PARK ROAD SALE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mrs C Walmsley
Telephone 0161 973 1392
TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 1 SEN - Required as soon as possible
SEN TA supporting a pupil in class with social and communication needs (ASD Spectrum)
Band 3 Point 6 - 11 (£19,171 - £21,166) p.a. pro rata – Actual salary £8491
Part Time : 18.75 hours per week, Term time only.
Contracted Hours: 8.45 – 12:30
Fixed Term contract to July 2021 This role is linked to child if/when the child leaves the post will cease
We wish to appoint an outstanding Teaching Assistant, who will work with a pupil in upper KS2, who has an EHC plan for ASD including cognition and learning difficulties as well as social and communication difficulties. We are looking for an individual with a patient and calm disposition and somebody who understands ASD. The role will involve supporting the child to access lessons in class, working with the child on a one-to-one basis, as well as working with small groups of children.
The successful candidate will:
· Be knowledgeable and committed to providing the best experiences for our learners
· Be passionate about SEND
· Has previous experience of supporting SEND pupils
· Possesses an understanding of ASD and its associated difficulties
· Have an enthusiastic and adaptable approach with high expectations of learning and behaviour, with a passion for helping children achieve their full potential.
· Be positive and caring
· Be hardworking and a good team player, who can work on their own initiative when required
· Be energetic and willing to engage in all aspects of school life to achieve the best for the children within the school
· Be flexible and willing to try out new initiatives
We can offer:
· A welcoming and friendly atmosphere
· A dedicated, supportive and friendly team of colleagues who work collaboratively.
· Well behaved, motivated and happy learners.
· Support from the SENCo
· An approachable, creative and innovative leadership team
Interested candidates are asked to submit a completed application form to email@example.com
(applications by email are encouraged.)
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit the school.
Park Road Sale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. Appointments will be subject to successful references, eligibility to work in the UK, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and Staff Disqualification Declaration.
Closing Date - Friday 31 January 2020 at 12 Noon
Interviews - Thursday 6 February 2020